Tomorrow afternoon I will be meeting with our contractor and our cabinet lady from "Green Depot." They're both gonna come with lots of forms and contracts and I better come with lots of checks and credit cards. Ooof. Basically, I've picked out the manufacturer of cabinets (local baby - more expensive than the ones from Indiana but LOCAL LOCAL LOCAL - that was our goal) and given her measurements. She is coming to confirm with the big bad contractor man that mine & her measurements are correct. You know...cuz....we're girls ;)
The Superintendent needs 7 days notice (technically) to prepare for any large item removal and to begin the work at all. Who knows? Maybe we can start sooner. BUT I have next Monday February 1st as D-Day. This gives all parties involved a chance to get ready. For example, we have to move accumulated crap from the new place (pillows, blankets, tools, etc) back to our "second home" and write out notes to our neighbors to prepare them for Armageddon. That should go well? Fingers crossed. I'm gonna be positive but I am bracing myself for the furrowed brow of hate.
I am also awaiting an estimate from the quarry place we researched upstate. We got our slate floor samples and actually seeing the colors was a tremendous help. I hope it gets here soon as Mama needs to order! The floors, after all, need to be done before the kitchen cabinets and appliances move in. Should be fine though. The cabinets alone are about a 5 weekturnaround. The entire project (so the contractor tells us) should be 4- 5 weeks so if we order THIS week and start work NEXT week - we're right on schedule.
Phew. Lots to coordinate and still have time to sit on my A$$. Thanks for reading. More to come!